Installation Instructions – 1994-2001 Acura Integra Projector Headlights
The following will be a detailed post which will show you how to install Spec-D Tuning projector and/or halo headlights on your 1994 through 2001 Acura Integra. Before you ask, yes, we know that the year span covers two generations of Integra.
1. Use protective equipment whenever doing any work on your car.
2. Be sure to spread out a mat or sheet on the floor to prevent damage to the bumper and lights when removed.
3. Ensure that there are no oils or residues on the lights or bulbs.
4. Test the lights prior to and after installation.
1. 1/4″ Drive Ratchet
2. 1/4″ Drive Extension
3. 10mm Socket
4. Flat head and Philips Screwdriver
5. 4 x Quick Connectors
6. 4 x Male Crimp Connectors
7. 4 x Female Crimp Connectors
8. 2 x Red Wires
9. 2 x Black Wires
10. Wire Stripper
11. Wire Crimper
12. Volt Meter
Step By Step Instructions:
1. Remove the two 10mm bolts from underneath the front bumper using the 1/4″ ratchet.
2. Remove the screw which connects the front bumper to the fender with a screwdriver.
3. Remove the bumper light by removing the screws. This is done because you will need to remove the entire bumper in order to access the headlamps. Once the screws have been removed remove the harnesses and connectors from the light. Repeat for both sides of vehicle.
4. Remove the nine screws shown above which hold the top of the bumper in place. Use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove them.
13. Replace the bumper lights.
14. Replace the screw which connects the fender to the bumper with a screwdriver.
Installation should take between thirty to forty-five minutes and you can expect to have a great outcome as shown.
- How to Install 2012 Honda Civic Projector Headlights from Spec-D Tuning (rvinyl.com)
- Acura RSX (thecarconnection.com)